Benign (non-cancerous) tumors may grow in the liver. The most common types are called a hemangioma and an adenoma. Hemangiomas consist of a tangle of dilated blood vessels somewhere in the liver. The tumor is often found incidentally on an ultrasound scan because it usually does not cause any symptoms.
Hemangiomas do not require treatment, although rough physical activities or rough sports should be avoided if the tumor is large; this is because of the remote possibility of rupture of the tumors.
Adenomas may be associated with use of the oral contraceptive pill or high dose hormone replacement therapy, and they usually regress after the hormones are discontinued. Those on the oral contraceptive pill and/or hormone tablets should have their liver function checked annually. These benign tumors are easily seen on an ultrasound scan of the liver. They do not develop into cancer.
See Hemangiomas for more information.
- Follow the vital healthy eating principles outlined on pages 20-30 of The Healthy Liver & Bowel Book
- Avoid ALL margarines and similar type spreads containing hydrogenated vegetable oils
- Avoid deep fried foods.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners see www.dorway.com – use Stevia instead.
- Liver Cleasing Diet Book
- The Healthy Liver and Bowel Book has a section on liver tumors. This will answer many of your questions in regards to nutritional support for this condition. This book is essential reading for anyone suffering from this condition or any other conditions of the liver or bowels.
- Raw Juices Can Save Your Life Book – Raw vegetable juices are a critical component of any nutritional program.
Supplements to Support Liver Function
A specific liver tonic which contains a high dose of the herb Milk Thistle with a high standardized concentration of the active ingredient silymarin. This liver tonic would also contain additional supporting nutrients such as amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
Selenomune contains 200 mcg of organic selenium combined with high doses of other immune boosting minerals per capsule.
MSM Plus Vitamin C powder
MSM (Methyl-Sulphonyl-Methane) is an organic form of the mineral sulphur. Sulphur is a vital component of healthy bile. Sulphur is needed to produce the powerful liver antioxidant called glutathione. Vitamin C will neutralize free radicals generated during the phase 1 detoxification pathway in the liver. Toxic chemicals are far less dangerous if there is plenty of vitamin C in the liver.
|Livatone Liver Tonic 240 Capsules |
|$40.00||+ Add to Cart|
|Livatone Liver Tonic 120 Capsules |
|$25.00||+ Add to Cart|
|Selenomune Designer Energy 100 Capsules |
|$26.00||+ Add to Cart|
|MSM Plus Vitamin C Powder 100 Grams |
|$20.00||+ Add to Cart|
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any diseases.