How can you reduce liver damage from Hepatitis Viruses?
To achieve this we must help the immune system by doing the following:
- Follow the principles of eating in The Liver Cleansing Diet which gives comprehensive and easy to follow strategies to use everyday to repair and rejuvenate the liver. The diet may be found in the book by the same name.
- Liver friendly recipes along with a shopping list and other valuable information on how to live a liver friendly life may also be found in The Healthy Liver and Bowel Book . It is not hard. You can use the recipes in the back as a guide and make your own recipes/meals up as long as they stick to those basic principles.
- See Liver Cleansing Diet Principles.
Picture of Hepatitis Virus
Dr Cabot’s famous Liver Cleansing and Liver Healing soup recipe
- 8 cups water
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of cold pressed olive oil
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 beets, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery (including the tops), chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 inch finely chopped and peeled ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 bunch sliced kale or beet greens
- 2-3 fresh artichoke hearts
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, fresh or reconstituted, sliced
- 1 whole reishi mushroom (remove when cooked)
- L cup arame or wakame seaweed, chopped
- 1 cup cooked beans or lentils
Add small amounts of celery seed, turmeric, pepper and miso (or tamari) to taste.
In a large saucepan add the oil and bring to a moderate – high heat.
Add the seaweed, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, lentils/beans and stir. Simmer for about 2? hours.
Add the kale and beet greens15 minutes before you serve. Remove the reishi mushrooms. Stir in the miso/tamari to taste.
Serve alone or with a side salad.
Liver Tonic Juice page 116
Liver Cleansing Juice page 116
Antibiotic Juice p 45
Immune Dysfunction p103
The fresh raw vegetable juices are vitally important in the nutritional treatment of Hepatitis. It is good to use both whole fruits and vegetables in the diet as well as the juices, as the juices provide an easily absorbable form of nutraceuticals that are very beneficial for the liver. Juices made freshly from raw fruits and vegetables have unique healing & rejuvenating properties. For those who feel they need an extra boost there is nothing better than having a raw juice every day. It will brighten up the day by providing extra energy & endurance. Juices are unique because they allow the gut to receive very concentrated amounts of phyto-nutrients that could not be obtained by eating a normal amount of raw vegetables & fruits. Juices are high in – Vitamin C, bioflavonoids, carotenoids, living plant enzymes to aid digestion & vitamin K, which is in green leafy vegetables.
Increase consumption of essential fatty acids found in foods such as freshly ground flaxseed, avocados, raw nuts and seeds, cold pressed vegetable and seed oils and oily fish such as salmon, sardines and tuna. Essential fatty acids will repair the membranes surrounding the liver cells and reduce inflammation.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any diseases.