A Maintenance Plan Will Keep Your Health On Track!
By Louise Belle BHSc (Nut Med)
We all know the drill – We start January 1st with high hopes of getting fitter, losing weight, toning up, eating better, sleeping better or improving some other aspect of our health. For many of us, the new year’s goals remain a mere fantasy, or we start working towards our health goals only to lose motivation and go back to our old habits. Doing a Cleanse is a fantastic way to kickstart your health goals – you will support your body in removing toxins, boost your immune system, improve your digestive and liver health and feel energised and motivated. For some people, doing a 15-day cleanse is enough to keep them on track, but for the majority, after a few months they’ve lost their focus and drive and end up falling off the health wagon. Doing a Cleanse program once or twice a year is fantastic for your health, but it’s so important to maintain your health in between.
Important aspects of a health maintenance plan:
- Goal setting: Write down your goals and come up with strategies that you can implement to achieve your goals. Start off with small, achievable goals and set a time frame to hold yourself accountable – after all, “goals without a plan are just dreams”.
- Stress reduction techniques: If you are stressed out, you are more likely to lose sight of your goals, turning to junk food and Netflix instead of eating healthy and working out. Meditation, yoga, dancing, reading, spending time with friends, exercising, deep breathing and journaling are a few techniques you can try. Find the methods that work best for you and be sure to take time out to stress less.
- Exercise: Exercise holds many wonderful benefits for your physical and mental health and can reduce the risk of most diseases! Try to incorporate some form of exercise into your routine to reap the benefits. Schedule it into your diary, so you don’t forget to do it.
- Food prep: Take a couple of hours out of your week to prepare your meals. If you do this, healthy eating becomes much easier and much less stressful. You can make breakfasts, mains and snacks on a Sunday afternoon, so you have less to do during your busy week.
The Dr Cabot Maintenance plan has been designed to support your health daily. The program consists of the Ultimate Superfood Powder and the Ultimate Gut Health, and there are many healthy maintenance recipes you can use.
Benefits of the Dr Cabot Maintenance plan:
- Keeps you motivated to achieve your goals: If you commit to following a maintenance plan, it motivates you on a daily basis and keeps you in check. As you mix up your morning powder, you can chant your health goals and remember why you have made this commitment to better your health.
- Stops you from getting to the point of no return: If you wait until your health is really suffering to make any changes, the journey back to good health can prove to be difficult and take a long time. If you commit to making small, positive actions each day to protect and improve your health, you will hopefully stop yourself getting to the point where it’s too hard to go back.
- Supports your liver: Our liver is bombarded with an overwhelming amount of toxins on a daily basis from cleaning products, beauty products, plastics, pesticides, some medications, air fresheners, car fumes and so forth that it can struggle to keep up and as a result toxins are staying in our system for longer, causing damage and inflammation to our cells. The Ultimate Superfood powder contains antioxidants, liver herbs and superfoods that support the detoxification pathways of the liver and help to protect it from damage.
- Maintains gut health: Antibiotics, alcohol, pain killers, stress, food intolerances, gut dysbiosis and a poor diet are just some of the causes of an inflamed or leaky gut. 80% of your immune system resides in your gut, about 90% of serotonin production occurs in your gut, and it’s the place where you absorb all your nutrients from food. When your gut is out of balance, it can cause all sorts of issues. The Ultimate Gut Health powder contains healing fibres, amino acids and a probiotic to soothe and heal the gut lining and improve nutrient absorption. A healthy gut is a vital component of overall health!
- Gives you a nutrient boost: No one has a perfect diet (even if we like to think we do). Our busy schedules, availability of ‘fast’ food, food processing techniques, poor quality soil and gut damage all impede our ability to get all the nutrients we need daily. The Ultimate Superfood powder contains 28 superfoods, greens, antioxidants and 100% European Golden Pea protein that is low allergenic and well absorbed with 98% digestibility, to give you that extra boost you need.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.