Baked Apples With Cinnamon
A delicious sugar-free warming dessert.
- 4 medium apples, cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp unsalted pastured butter, or coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup well-mashed banana
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except apples and almonds well in a bowl.
- Grease a small casserole dish. Place a layer of apple slices on the bottom. Arrange a layer of banana mixture on top, using all of the banana mixture. Finish with a layer of the remaining apple slices. Sprinkle flaked almonds on top.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the apples have softened nicely.