Baked Eggplant Fries
A delicious, satisfying recipe that doesn’t taste like it’s good for you.
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Whisk the egg with the olive oil in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the almond meal, herbs, spices and salt.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the egg mixture, then coat in the almond meal mixture. Arrange slices on a lined oven tray.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Turn the slices over once during cooking, to ensure they are crispy.
- Serve as an appetiser.