Cleanse Your Body With These Top Tips
Our bodies have organs and systems set in place to continuously cleanse our bodies of toxins and harmful chemicals. Whilst these systems are very effective, they can become overwhelmed and clogged up, causing them to work less efficiently. Your liver has the important job of filtering your blood of toxins, heavy metals and chemicals from cleaning and beauty products, food, beverages, medication and environmental pollution. It can have trouble keeping up with the massive work load, causing toxic build up in your body. These toxins linger and cause damage and inflammation to your cells, tissues and organs.
Cleanse your body with these top tips:
- Eat clean: If you find yourself regularly reaching for sugary snacks, or binging on takeaway foods, you need to stop! These foods are packed with sugar, artificial flavours, sweeteners, fillers and trans fats that cause inflammation and toxic build up in the body. Eat real food! Fresh vegetables and fruit, nuts, seeds, chicken, eggs, fish and beans. These types of foods provide your body with an abundance of nutrients that nourish your body, support your liver and cleanse your digestive tract. Where you can, choose organic produce and if not, make sure you wash it to reduce your pesticide exposure. To make the change easily we have launched our 15 Day Cleanse Program.
- Feel the burn: ‘Sitting is the new smoking’ and research shows that lack of activity can be just as detrimental to your health as smoking cigarettes. Exercise gets your blood and lymph fluid moving, strengthens your cardiovascular system, encourages healthy bowel movements and makes you sweat; releasing toxins from your body. Walk, run, stretch, lift weights, dance, play sports, swim or do any type of activity that gets your body moving.
- Fiber: Eat those fruit and veggies! Fiber is particularly good for cleansing, for a number of reasons. First of all, it encourages healthy bowel motions and helps to scrub the walls of the intestine; getting rid of toxic build up. Fiber can also absorb heavy metals and toxins from the gut for removal. Psyllium husk, chia seeds and apple pectin are great sources of cleansing fibre.
- Stay hydrated: Drink water!! Every cell in your body needs water to function, and your detoxification pathways rely on water to flush out the waste. Water encourages regular bowel movements, flushes out the kidneys and thins the blood; making it easier for the liver to filter it. Aim for at least 2 litres of filtered water or herbal tea per day, to stay hydrated and rid your body of toxins.
- Stress less: Stress promotes excess inflammation in the body, so it can worsen things like headaches, joint pain and skin issues. It is also one of the main causes of gastrointestinal issues such as constipation, so it is important to get your stress under control. Try breathing exercises, yoga, listening to music, going for a walk, dancing, tai chi, magnesium or tyrosine to help you relax.
- Reduce toxins: Whilst we can’t eliminate 100% of toxin exposure, we can certainly reduce it! Switch to natural, toxin free personal care, beauty and cleaning products. These are a huge source of toxins that we voluntarily expose ourselves to on a daily basis. Making these changes will make a huge reduction in your toxic load.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.