Dairy-Free Creamy Mushroom Soup
This soup makes a delicious entree, or accompaniment to a protein dish such as seafood or poultry.
- 1 pound fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Saute the onion and garlic in the coconut oil until softened. Add the mushroom, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper and continue to sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the coconut milk. Simmer gently until all vegetables are soft.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Use a blender to puree the soup until smooth and then serve.