Dairy Free Warming Parsnip Soup
Thick and hearty, without the cream to weigh down your liver. Delicious served as an appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 medium parsnips, chopped
- ½ cup chopped pumpkin
- 5 cups stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion until slightly softened. Stir in all remaining ingredients except the broth or stock. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add broth or stock, bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer until all the vegetables are soft. Puree the soup and serve.