Your liver is the hardest working organ in your body! It performs thousands of functions every minute of every day to keep you alive; let’s take a look at the most vital:
• Fat metabolism – this helps with your weight and cholesterol levels
• Detoxification and filtering of your blood. This helps your energy level, plus ability to think and concentrate
• Destruction of unhealthy cells and bacteria
• Manufacturing of essential proteins which are necessary for healthy immune function
• Maintaining hormonal balance; especially breaking down excess estrogen
• Generating the energy and warmth to keep you alive
Try my Instant Liver Checkup
Do you suffer with?
- Abdominal bloating
- Discomfort or pain over the liver (the liver is situated in the right upper abdominal area)
- Accumulation of abdominal fat with a “pot belly” and a roll of fat around the upper abdomen known as the “liver roll”
- Indigestion and/or intolerance of fatty foods
- Reflux and heartburn
- Fatty yellowish lumps in the skin and often around the eyes – these are called xanthelasma
- Overheating of the body
- Excessive sweating
- Body odor
- Bad breath
- Coated tongue
- Red itchy and/or dry eyes
- Itchy skin
- Skin rashes such as dermatitis and psoriasis
- Brown liver spots on the skin
- Acne rosacea on the face
- Redness of the palms of the hands
- Hot and/or burning soles of the feet
- Headaches, especially associated with nausea
- Gallbladder problems
- Unexplained weight gain
- Inability to lose weight even whilst dieting
- High blood pressure
- High blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Unpleasant moods
If you have 4 or more of these symptoms, your liver needs help.
The most common causes of a sluggish liver include:
- Incorrect diet, especially too much sugar
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Excess alcohol
- Overuse of pain killers or taking many prescription drugs
- Viral infections
- Autoimmune disease
No wonder liver dysfunction is so common today.
The most common problem we see today is fatty liver and it can affect people of all ages, especially if they are overweight. If you have a fatty liver you will find it very hard to lose weight, unless you improve your liver first. Please follow the eating plan in my book Fatty Liver: You Can Reverse It.
To support your liver function we recommend St Mary’s Thistle which is a herb with a proven track record, combined with selenium and taurine; these things are required by the liver for detoxification and production of healthy bile and are found in Livatone Plus capsules or powder.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.