Roasting the apples first really brings out their flavor. This applesauce makes a delicious dessert, or porridge topping for your breakfast.
- 3 lbs apples of your choice, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Honey or stevia, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange all ingredients in a large baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until apples are very soft. Baking time will depend on how thinly you’ve sliced the apples.
- Once cooked, pour mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.