Low FODMAP Carrot & Ginger Soup
A delicious, warming soup for those with a sensitive digestive system.
- 8 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 5 cups water or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons canned, full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and parsnips and cook gently for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat until all the vegetables are soft.
- You can puree the soup before serving, or leave it chunky, depending on what you prefer.