Spicy Ginger Chicken
A quick and easy dinner option that's low in carbohydrate.
- 1.5 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- ½ red pepper (capsicum), sliced
- 1 inch sliced fresh ginger, peeled & finely diced (increase quantity if you love ginger)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- Place the oil or ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and ginger for approximately 3 minutes. Place all remaining ingredients inside except the chicken.
- Add the chicken, stir well and turn the heat down to a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the mixture is drying out too much, add a little water.
- Serve with a salad.