Are you suffering with Candida overgrowth?
Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused by yeasts that belong to the genus Candida. There are over 20 species of Candida yeasts that can cause infection in humans, the most common of which is Candida albicans.
Candida yeasts may normally live on the skin and in some body cavities (such as the mouth, vagina, nose and intestines) without causing symptoms of infection or disease. However, if an overgrowth of these yeasts occurs, symptoms of infection may occur.
The growth of Candida is kept under control by a healthy immune system and the actions of the friendly bacteria in the gut. Candida fungi and other yeasts, can multiply out of control if the numbers of friendly bacteria in your gut are reduced. People with a weak immune system can experience severe Candida infections.
Other causes of Candida infection include a high sugar diet and excessive use of broad spectrum antibiotic drugs, immunosuppressant drugs or steroid drugs. In some women high doses of the female hormone estrogen, found in some oral contraceptive pills or during pregnancy may cause an overgrowth of Candida.
Luckily there’s a lot you can do to overcome Candida.
Symptoms of Candida
As the Candida flourishes in the intestines, you are likely to experience excessive gas and abdominal bloating. Women may also have a thick white vaginal discharge and itchy vulva. Some people experience an itchy anus. The tongue may develop a thick white
coating and white patches appear in the mouth.
Candida can form tendrils that grow like roots and can penetrate the wall of the intestines. The tendrils act like a leaking pipe through which waste products and toxins can enter directly into the bloodstream. This can cause symptoms such as fatigue, brain dysfunction, allergies and mysterious health conditions.
Anti Candida diet
The type of food you eat can either kill Candida or cause it to flourish.
Here are my recommendations:
- Avoid yeast extracts such as vegemite and marmite, alcoholic drinks that contain sugar (unsweetened spirits are generally safe), pickles and preserves containing sugar, jams, canned fruits, dried fruits, peanuts, melons and any fruit that is moldy.
- Avoid bread, muffins, pastries, cakes, and biscuits and all foods containing white sugar, baker’s yeast and flour. Avoid lollies, sugary sweet drinks, and any foods containing malt as an additive.
- Avoid every type of sugar, including raw brown sugar, molasses and honey, as they feed Candida and other unhealthy yeasts in the bowel. It may be possible to use small amounts of a good quality honey (such as manuka honey) because honey contains natural antibiotics that stop fungi and bacteria from growing. Stevia is not a problem for those with yeast infections.
- Fruit can usually be eaten provided it is very fresh and free of moldy areas. Restrict the intake of fruits to no more than 2 pieces daily. In those with severe candida, fruit should be totally avoided for the first three months.
- It is best to avoid dairy products and gluten because these foods increase intestinal permeability (leaky gut syndrome) and will worsen the terrible symptoms and adverse health conditions that Candida can cause. Glutamine is one of the best natural remedies for repairing a leaky gut because your intestinal cells use it to repair themselves.
- Your diet should be high in healthy fats from seeds such as ground flaxseed, ground pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, non-hulled tahini paste, avocados and coconut oil. Coconut oil is particularly effective against several intestinal parasites including Helicobacter pylori bacteria and Candida. Intestinal Parasite Cleanse capsules are a powerful herbal formula that helps to eradicate Candida and other unwanted microbes in the gut. It is then vitally important to repopulate the bowel with good bugs, such as those found in FloraTone capsules.
- Foods that have natural antibiotic properties will fight Candida effectively if they are eaten regularly. The best ones are raw garlic (finely chopped, grated or juiced), raw ginger, onions, leeks, and radishes, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower,cabbage) and cinnamon. Fresh garden herbs can fight Candida if they are eaten regularly - the best are thyme, oregano and rosemary. These foods are also very beneficial for the liver. Anyone with a Candida infection will develop an unhealthy, sluggish liver. This is because whenever there is a leaky gut, the liver bears the brunt of all the bowel toxins. The liver is the first stop for all blood flowering from the intestines. An overwhelmed liver will not be able to cleanse and purify your bloodstream well. This can lead to symptoms such as fatigue, foggy head, weight gain and allergies. Livatone Plus helps to support a healthy liver and can repair inflamed liver cells.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.