Vegetarian Quinoa Pilaf
A vegetarian recipe low in fat, delicious, high protein, quick and easy to make.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper (capsicum) chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and cook it in a large pot in the vegetable stock for approximately 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion for approximately 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the quinoa.
- Stir and cook gently until the vegetables have softened. You may need to add some water if the vegetables are sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Once cooked, add vegetable mixture to the quinoa mixture.
- Stir well and serve.