What is Gilbert’s Syndrome?
How is it diagnosed?
What is Bilirubin?
- Bilirubin is the major breakdown product that results from the destruction of old red blood cells (as well as some other sources). It is removed from the blood by the liver, chemically modified by a process called conjugation. The water solubility of bilirubin allows the bilirubin to be excreted into bile. Bile then is used to digest food. The bilirubin secreted into the bile, passes into the intestine and to some extent reabsorbed from the intestine.
- It is basically the pigment that gives faeces its brown colour.
Is it common?
It is surprisingly common, affecting approximately 2% to 5% of the population.
What are the symptoms?
Treatment and general recommendations:
‘The Liver Cleansing Diet” contains the eight week eating plan to help improve liver function.
“Raw Juices Can Save Your Life” – juicing book contains carefully designed juices to help with common health problems – this is a complete A to Z Guide of diseases and their specific healing juices.
Raw juices are an incredibly powerful healing tool and can improve the function of the liver, bowels and kidneys. This increases the elimination of toxins and waste products from the skin.Appropriate juice recipes found in “Raw Juices Can Save Your Life” book are as follows: ‘Liver Tonic Juice’ and ‘Liver Cleansing Juice
- Follow “The Liver Cleansing Diet”
- Avoid ALL dairy products – dairy foods contain high levels of antibiotics, steroids and artificial growth hormones, as this is what the herds are treated with in today’s high tech dairies to prevent disease and boost milk production. As with humans where substances go through into breast milk it is the same for cattle – only they neglect to tell you this in the advertisements when they are telling you how great milk is. If you need further info on this please visit www.notmilk.com
- Avoid ALL margarines and similar type spreads manufactured from hydrogenated damaged fats.
- Avoid deep fried and fatty foods.
- Limit chicken and turkey and eggs that are not free range/organic as these often contain artificial growth hormones, antibiotics and steroids that increase the liver’s workload.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners
- Follow the twelve vital principles in “The Healthy Liver and Bowel Book“ Include often – wholegrains, legumes, nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables, beetroot, artichoke, carrots, turmeric, lecithin. Indeed, 40 percent of the diet should consist of raw fruits and vegetables with an emphasis on green leafy vegetables.
- Drink eight glasses of water daily. Purified water with lemon is also excellent. Avoid – all processed and refined foods, refined sugars, fatty foods, fried foods, ‘junk’ foods, coffee, tea and soft drinks. Avoid overeating; eat small regular meals.
Diet for a Healthy Liver
Following The Liver Cleansing Diet, your metabolism will improve rapidly and you will start to burn fat. Then the process of weight loss begins naturally and without great effort from you. Conversely if you eat the wrong foods, your liver will manufacture more fat so that you become a fat storer. The Liver Cleansing Diet is not a trendy weight loss diet (although it is extremely effective for obesity), in contrast it will become established as a household name for a long long time because people who have used it sing it’s praises far and wide. Many fad diets come and go and indeed may be dangerous or make you miserable because they are far too restrictive and difficult to follow. In contrast The Liver Cleansing Diet is easy and safe and is really a form of awareness or consciousness, which will give you the key to a strong immune system and healthy blood vessels. Furthermore The Liver Cleansing Diet is not a ” kill joy” diet which only goodie goodies can follow. After the 8-week cleansing, you may continue to enjoy nice wines and spirits and if you desire lean fresh red meats in moderation. If you don’t want to follow the 8-week plan, then that’s O.K. too, simply follow the vital principles for a healthy liver (see chapter 5 of “The Liver Cleansing Diet” book or pages 20-27 of “The Healthy Liver and Bowel”) and pick and choose recipes and foods that you enjoy. There are hundreds of delicious and easy recipes for soups, salads, dressings, sauces, dips, main courses and desserts and much more- there is so much variety you will never be bored or hungry!By following the principles of The Liver Cleansing Diet and using nutritional supplements and liver tonics, it is possible to reverse many types of liver disease. This is even more so if these strategies are followed in the early to medium stages of disease.
- Take 1 teaspoon twice daily in juices or water, or 2 capsules twice daily – A good formula consisting of B vitamins, Taurine, St Mary’s Thistle should be included to help the liver excrete bile pigment.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon twice daily in juices or water – MSM is an organic sulphur which is vital for efficient liver function and detoxification.
- Take 2 teaspoons and built up to 1 – 2 tablespoons over 2 weeks if necessary – A gluten free fibre powder is appropriate for everyone including vegetarians.
- Take 1 tablets daily or 1 capsule daily in water or raw juice – Selenium possesses anti-inflammatory effects and is an essential trace mineral that assists in the protection of many parts of the body.