High Protein Chicken Soup
You can't go wrong with homemade chicken-vegetable soup. This traditional chicken and vegetable soup recipe is soothing, delicious and easy to make.
- 6 cups of chicken bone broth or stock
- One pound of cooked chicken meat, sliced or shredded
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- ½ bulb garlic, peel and crush all the cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine onion, garlic, broth, rosemary, carrot and sweet potato in a stock pot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, celery, salt and pepper and half of the parsley.
- Cook over a low heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the rest of the fresh parsley to the top of the soup as you are serving it up.