What are liver cysts?
A cyst is the medical term used to describe a space of roundish or sac like shape in some part of the body. It may be empty or contain watery or mucus types of fluid. It is not uncommon to find one or several small cysts in the liver when a patient has an ultrasound scan or CAT scan of the abdomen for some reason. The vast majority of these cysts are found by chance as they do not produce any symptoms. It is important to rule out Hydatid disease. This condition occurs when humans ingest dog tape worm – Echinococcus granulose, which can invade the liver causing cysts. This may occur in areas where sheep and cattle raising are done. These can be differentiated from simple cysts, which is important as they may require treatment to avoid rupture. Good standards of hygiene and regular worming of dogs can prevent these infections.
What causes cysts?
Are they common?
Can they be cured?
- Those with simple liver cysts should avoid all dairy products, which is easy to do on the Liver Cleansing Diet. Dairy products are mucus forming foods – this will exacerbate the cysts . Dairy foods contain traces of antibiotics, steroids and artificial growth hormones, as this is what the herds are treated with in today’s high tech dairies to prevent disease and boost milk production. As with humans where substances go through into breast milk it is the same for cattle – only they neglect to tell you this in the advertisements when they are telling you how great milk is. If you need further info on this please visit www.notmilk.com
- Avoid ALL margarines and similar type spreads
- Avoid deep fried and fatty foods.
- Limit chicken and turkey that is not free range, as this contains artificial growth hormones, antibiotics and steroids that increase the liver’s workload.
- Avoid ALL alcohol.
- Drink 2 liters of water each day.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners see www.dorway.com Use ‘Stevia” the natural herbal sweetener if you wish to avoid sugar altogether.
- Visit www.liverdoctor.com for more information on liver complaints.
Raw juices are an incredibly powerful healing tool and can improve the function of the liver, bowels and kidneys. This increases the elimination of toxins and waste products from the skin. Appropriate juice recipes found in “Raw Juices Can Save Your Life” book.
- ‘Liver Tonic Juice’ page 116
- ‘Liver Cleansing Juice’ page 116
- ‘Antibiotic juice’ page 45
- ‘Immune Dysfunction’ page103
- Take 1 teaspoon twice daily in water or juice or 2 capsules twice daily – A formula containing a combination of traditional herbs, Taurine and vegetables for the liver is needed.
- Take 2 tablets twice daily or 1 teaspoon twice daily with water or raw juice – Selenium greatly enhances the function of the immune system and possesses anti-inflammatory effects.
- Take 2 capsules daily with food – Omega 3 fats are deficient in the typical Western diet. Supplementing with fish oils helps to improve general wellbeing.