This banana custard recipe is a warming, delicious and healthy dessert.
- 2 well ripened bananas
- 2 medjool dates
- 9 fluid ounces full fat coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds (optional - or you may like to top with fresh strawberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place all ingredients except the almond flakes into a powerful blender or food processor. Process until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into 2 greased baking dishes.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until set and lightly golden. Baking time will depend on the shape of your baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and/or strawberries and serve.