Excessive Body Odor Is A Sign You Need A Cleanse
Last week I was consulted by a lady in her 40s who was slightly overweight at 180 pounds. Although she looked well she complained of bloating and unpleasant body odor and excessive sweating.
Whilst I was doing her physical examination she pointed out to me the areas where she sweated – these were armpits and under her breasts and the skin was slightly red and brownish in color, as if it was stained. She was tender over her colon and her abdomen looked bloated. Her tongue was coated with a whitish-green film and she had a few small pimples around her nose and on her cheeks (acne rosacea).
I tested the areas where her skin was stained to see if I could culture any bacteria or fungi and the swabs came back clear. I tested the pH of her saliva and urine and she was in the acidic range (low pH).
She had all the signs of a liver that was not efficient at removing toxins from her bloodstream. The main route for excretion of toxins should be via the bowel and urine and when these are not working well or become overloaded, you can get a furry tongue and acidic smelling sweat. Skin breakouts are also more likely to occur. Not good for your health or self esteem.
Her diet was not that wonderful; she did not eat enough vegetables and no raw salads.
To improve the efficiency of her detox pathways and colon I suggested the following:
- Livatone Plus at a dose of 2 capsules twice daily with food. Livatone Plus contains the nutrients your liver needs to support the phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification pathways. Commonly these pathways get overloaded because toxins are not getting broken down at a fast enough pace. When this happens, toxins build up in the body and try to find another excretion route. Excessive offensive perspiration is one possible consequence.
- Colon Detox capsules at a dose of 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules in the evening. Colon Detox capsules contain ground flaxseeds, pectin and psyllium which all help to bind with gut toxins, soften the stool and aid the excretion of toxins through the bowel. I have found time and again that when my patients experience improved bowel function, it becomes so much easier for them to lose weight and their skin clears up beautifully.
- Digestive Enzymes capsules at a dose of one capsule with each meal. My patient was not digesting her food properly and that was leaving her bloated and uncomfortable after meals. If you don’t produce adequate digestive enzymes, undigested food will remain in your intestines, leaving you feeling tired after meals. The undigested food promotes the overgrowth of bad bacteria and Candida in the bowel.
- Raw vegetable juices. I have found raw vegetable juicing to provide a fast and powerful way to detox. My patients who regularly drink vegetable juice experience more energy, better moods, a clearer head and improved quality of sleep. Juices are also a good way to overcome bad breath and bad body odor. I specifically asked my patient to include cucumber, mint, parsley, green apple, fresh ginger and orange in her juices. They will help to make her body more alkaline.
- I asked her to follow the eating plan in my book The Liver Cleansing Diet.
Bad breath and bad body odor cause a lot of embarrassment and low self esteem but I have found the above strategies to be extremely effective in my patients.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.