Breakfast Quinoa Porridge
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 ½ cups water
- 4 cups almond, hemp, coconut or other milk
- ⅓ cup berries
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- Stevia, xylitol or other sweetener (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa under running water in a fine mesh strainer for 30 seconds.
- Drain the quinoa and put it in a pot on the stove, along with the water. Bring the quinoa to the boil and reduce to simmer, with the lid off. Cook the quinoa on low heat for approximately 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Add all other ingredients except almonds, and cook on a low heat, stirring regularly until the mixture becomes very thick.
- Spoon into bowls and top with flaked almonds.