Crohn's Disease (CD)
What are the symptoms?
- abdominal pain
- bleeding from the bowel
- watery/bloody stools
- chronic diarrhea
- loud intestinal noises
- weight loss
- loss of appetite
- Fissures (cuts) in the anal area
- "Heal Your Gut an A to Z Guide"
- "The Liver Cleansing Diet"
- "Healing Autoimmune Disease"
- "Raw Juices Can Save Your Life"
Recipe for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- 1 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 cabbage leaves or 2 dandelion leaves
- 2 inch (5cm) slice beetroot
- 2 apples or 2 pears
- 2 spinach or 2 kale leaves
- Wash, trim and chop and pass through juicer - make enough for one liter (32 oz) of juice per day. You may need to dilute the juice with 50% water (or even more water), as the inflamed intestines may not be able to handle a concentrated juice.
- Drink small amounts, 100 to 200mls (3 to 7 oz) of the diluted juice, every few hours during the day, to make up a total of around one liter (32 oz).
- 1.5 cups milk - choose coconut, rice or almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp slippery elm powder
- 1 scoop Ultimate Gut Health Powder
- 2 kiwi fruit or 1/2 cup blackberries or 6 strawberries or 1/2 paw paw
(You may use less fruit if the diarrhea is severe)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Diet must be adjusted according to the severity of the symptoms. The goals are good nutrition and prevention of a secondary infection. If the ileum is diseased, be aware that vitamin B 12 deficiency may occur.
Recommended supplements for Crohn's disease
- Magnesium Tablets or Powder
Take 2 tablets daily or 1/2 teaspoon daily in water or raw juice. Magnesium plays an essential role in maintaining and promoting efficient muscle function and nerve transmission. It is a potent muscle relaxant, useful in spasms, twitches and cramping. Magnesium is lost from the body during bouts of diarrhea.
- Ultimate Gut Health powder
Take 1 level scoop daily. Ultimate Gut Health keeps your intestines as healthy as possible. Designed to soothe, heal and repair the gut lining, you will find your intestines love this powder.
- N Acetyl L Cysteine (NAC)
Take 1 to 2 capsules twice daily 10 minutes before food. N-Acetyl-Cysteine is required for the body's production of glutathione. Glutathione is a powerful natural antioxidant that assists detoxification and helps to reduce inflammation in the body.
Take 1 capsule daily with food. Selenium is very helpful for all autoimmune conditions because it helps to reduce inflammation and reduce auto-antibody production.
- Vitamin D
Take 1 capsule daily with food. Many patients with an autoimmune condition have insufficient blood levels of vitamin D. This can worsen inflammation and fatigue. Vitamin D also helps to reduce auto-antibody production.