Crunchy Oat And Nut Bars
These delicious bars are simple to make and are sure to satisfy everyone in the family.
- 1 cup pitted fresh Medjool dates
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Roast the pecans on a lined oven tray until they are lightly browned and start to become fragrant.
- Place the dates in a food processor and process until they form a paste.
- Place all ingredients except the honey/maple syrup and almond butter into a large bowl. Heat the honey or maple syrup together with the almond butter in a small saucepan until they are smooth and combined.
- Pour warm mixture into the bowl and mix all ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Press the mixture down firmly and then place it in the fridge.
- After 30 minutes you can slice the mixture into bars.