What is fibromyalgia?
What causes fibromyalgia?
- Immune dysfunction with increasing inflammation in the connective tissues and bones
- Hormonal imbalances. Eg; decreasing production of the steroid hormones from the ovaries, and possibly the adrenal glands.
- Deficiencies of minerals will increase fibromyalgia and are very common in peri menopausal women
- Hidden infections in the body
- Build up of toxins and acidic waste products in the connective tissues and muscles.
- Auto-immune disease such as Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis Osteoporosis
- Periodontal disease (gum disease) leading to loss of bone in the jaws and tooth loss
- Headaches and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- A regular exercise program, such as gentle yoga and stretching, is essential. Build up slowly and gradually. It is wise to see a physical therapist, massage therapist, or osteopath before beginning your program.
- Acupuncture or specific massage techniques can make a huge improvement.
- Follow the vital healthy eating principles outlined in “The Healthy Liver & Bowel Book”
- In severe cases, sufferers may be so incapacitated they cannot function and may lead to depression and stress. Therefore they may need medication and/or anti depressants such as the newer generation of anti depressants known as Serotonin re-uptake inhibitors. For eg; Efexor and Aropax.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Orudis or Naprosyn.
- Mineral supplementation. See a list of these in “Hormone Replacement, The Real Truth” page 169.
‘Boost Your Energy’ includes information on fibromyalgia on page 143.
- Take 2 capsules twice daily to help reduce aches and pains in the connective tissues and muscles.
Organic Flaxseed Oil Capsules
- Take 2 capsules twice daily to help boost your intake of essential fatty acids.
- Take 2 tablets twice daily
- Take 500 IU twice daily.