Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and steamed until tender
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant and translucent. This takes 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Serve with protein such as seafood, poultry or red meat.