Good Health Begins In The Gut
Good Health Begins In The Gut
The statement that good health resides in your gut was promoted by Hippocrates the father of medicine and I am a firm believer in this theory. Most of our immune system resides in the gut, and the liver is an important part of our immune competence.
So many of us have problems in that area so let us look at the problem of digestive disorders such as –
Gastritis, reflux or heartburn, bloating after meals, constipation, flatulence and irritable bowel syndrome.
These problems can be caused by the following imbalances
- Inflammation of the mucous lining of the stomach and intestines
- Inadequate production of hydrochloric acid (HCL acid) from the stomach during a meal. You need good levels of acid in order to digest your food properly, and also to help prevent gastrointestinal infections.
- Sluggish flow of bile and/or a dysfunctional gall bladder
- Fatty Liver
- Inadequate secretion of digestive enzymes from the pancreas
- Unhealthy bacteria and parasites in the gut
- Stress, which causes dysfunction of the nerves in the gut wall
- Diverticulitis, which is inflammation of pockets in the wall of the large bowel
What are the solutions?
- Sometimes we just need a good detox, which can be obtained by eating raw vegetables, raw fruits, steamed vegetables, stewed fruits and vegetable soups for one to two weeks
- Take digestive enzymes at the beginning of meals. This will help you digest your food more thoroughly. If undigested food remains left behind in your digestive tract, it will act as food for bad bacteria or yeast. An overgrowth of harmful microbes can cause bloating, nausea and fatigue.
- A powerful Superfood formula packed with vitamins and minerals and 28 superfoods and greens to support liver function and the flow of healthy bile.
- A probiotic formula. This will help to reduce the symptoms of indigestion but can also support healthy immune system function. This is because approximately 70 to 80 percent of the body’s immune cells are located in the gut.
- The Ultimate Gut Cleanse powder, providing nourishing and healing amino acids, fibres and a live probiotic. This formula was designed to repair and strengthen the gut and improve gut bacteria.
Glutamine along with selenium, also helps the liver to manufacture the antioxidant glutathione, which reduces inflammation and toxicity. This is a much more effective way of increasing your blood glutathione level than taking glutathione supplements. Raw juices containing celery, cucumber, pineapple, mint, parsley and apple can soothe the gut.
Useful laboratory tests
These include a blood test to check your genotype for HLA DQ patterns to see if you are predisposed to celiac disease. Gluten is found in wheat, rye, barley, spelt and kamut. If you are sensitive to gluten and continue to eat it, this may cause a lot of inflammation in your intestines and stomach and in such cases you need to choose gluten free grains such as rice, or avoid grains altogether.
A sample of your feces may be examined under a microscope and cultured for unhealthy bacteria and parasites. If you are concerned by the results, talk to your doctor and if you prefer to use natural therapies the formula Intestinal Para Cleanse capsules is very useful. It contains herbal ingredients which act as natural antibiotics against parasites and unhealthy bacteria.
If you are constipated increase your intake of water and raw juices and use gluten free fiber products such as FiberTone.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.