Low Carb Chocolate Almond Slice
No need to feel bad about these chocolaty treats. These slices are made with coconut flour, which is a rich source of fiber, which helps lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, and also known for boosting heart health. They're also grain and gluten free, and made with good fats to keep you feeling satisfied.
Makes 12 slices
- 1 cup almond butter, or other nut butter of your choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil or pastured butter
- ½ cup xylitol or erythritol
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F.
- Gently melt the almond butter with the coconut oil and stir together. Add the xylitol or erythritol and stir well.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork and then stir into mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a 10.5 x 8 inch lined baking tray. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and press them in gently.
- Bake in an oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.