Vegan Mushroom And Leek Soup
Try this delicious vegan mushroom and leek soup that’s perfect as an appetiser for a meal or a light lunch.
- ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1 leek, sliced (don’t use the tough ends of the leek)
- 12 medium Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the dried mushrooms into a bowl and cover them with boiling water.
- Allow them to soak for 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil or ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the leek and garlic until softened.
- Add the garlic, thyme, carrots and potatoes and continue stirring and cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring the soup to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until all vegetables have softened.
- You can add a little more stock or water if you prefer a thinner soup.