Natural Remedies For Gas And Bloating
How is your digestive system feeling? Are you coping well with the larger meals and extra treats most of us indulge in at this time of year? Suffering with excess gas can be embarrassing and painful. Unfortunately the adverse effects are not only felt in the digestive tract. Fatigue, foggy head and low mood are all more common in individuals with a digestive problem.
What can cause excess gas?
- Eating too large quantities of food
- Excess intake of sugar or poorly absorbed carbohydrates in the diet (e.g. FODMAPs)
- Intolerance to gluten, dairy products or other foods
- Excess unfriendly bacteria in the gut
- Eating too quickly and not chewing food thoroughly
- Poor digestion and absorption of food due to a sluggish or fatty pancreas
- Poor digestion and absorption of food due to a sluggish or absent gallbladder
- Eating lots of foods high in sulfur – e.g. eggs, onions, garlic, cabbage etc.
Remedies for Excess Gas
- Take a good liver tonic like LivaTone to support better production of bile. This will also help the liver to break down toxins, so the bile that enters the small intestines is healthier.
- Take an ox bile supplement and stomach acid supplement. Both of them will help you break down your food more thoroughly, thus providing symptom relief. Both also have disinfectant actions in the intestines, helping to prevent overgrowth of bad bacteria or yeast.
- Take a good probiotic supplement.
- Eat fermented foods such as sauerkraut, natto, kefir, kombucha, cultured vegetables, miso or tempeh to improve gut bacteria.
- Sip organic Apple Cider vinegar in a dose of 1-2 tablespoons diluted in a quarter of a glass of warm water before your meals.
- It is important to avoid being constipated. Ideally you would have between one and three bowel motions each day, as this reduces the risk of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). If you are not having thorough bowel actions, Colon Detox capsules are a gentle and effective laxative.
If you are really a very gassy person you may need a detox! The Doctor Cabot 15 Day Cleanse can help clear up liver congestion and gut toxicity.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.