Rice and Vegetable Stuffed Capsicums
- 6 green or red capsicums(bell peppers)
- 3 cups cooked rice (brown is preferable)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly grated
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped into matchsticks
- 4 small buttons mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup flaked (slivered) almonds
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180º Celsius (350º Fahrenheit).
- Cut the tops off the capsicums.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Gently cook the onion until softened. Add the carrot and celery, stir and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir well and cook for two minutes.
- Fill the capsicums with cooked ingredients. Place into a greased casserole baking dish and replace the tops of the capsicums.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes.