Roasted Garlic Carrots
Roasted garlic carrots
Roasting carrots intensifies the flavors but it also makes the carotenoid antioxidants more easily absorbed. Most of the antioxidants in carrots are fat soluble, therefore the addition of oil enhances their absorption. This recipe is also vegan and gluten free.
Serving 4 as a side dish
- 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or ghee or lard or tallow (these fats are heat stable, therefore not damaged by cooking) Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (215ºC).
- Mix all ingredients together well on a greased oven tray. Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until soft and browned. Cooking time will depend on the size of the carrot pieces.
- You will need to toss the carrots around twice during the cooking process to make sure they brown evenly