Tender Grilled Baby Octopus
- 2 pounds baby octopus
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon or lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Clean and trim the baby octopus.
- Bring 5 cups of water to the boil in a large pot. Turn the heat off and put the octopuses into the pot. Leave them for one minute, then drain them and rinse under cold water.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a glass bowl. Add the octopuses, making sure they are well covered. Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge for approximately 6 hours.
- Preheat a grill on medium heat. Grill the octopus for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.