Your Immune Health Checkup
Do you have the following problems?
- Recurrent viral infections
- Herpes (genital and cold sores)
- Frequent colds and flu
- Inflammation and/or infection in the upper respiratory tract e.g. sinuses, ear infections and sore throats and swollen cervical glands
- Recurrent bronchitis
- Skin infections
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Candida and other yeast infections
- Unhealthy micro-organisms in the intestines (dysbiosis)
- Glandular fever (Epstein Barr virus)
- Reduced stamina and resistance when under stress
Do you really want to put up with these things for much longer?
Do you want to rely upon antibiotics and other drugs that may be toxic to the liver, kidney and immune system ? These drugs usually become increasingly ineffective with long term use and may breed resistant and unhealthy micro-organisms in the body.
A natural alternative called Olive leaf can really turn your life around. It is being used extensively in the U.S.A. and is backed with extensive clinical research and published papers. Read on, and you will find Life-Saving Tips to strengthen the Immune System.
Olive leaf is being hailed as the new “Superherb” in the battle against many new infections caused by a new breed of “superbugs” ranging from viruses, drug resistant bacteria, fungi and parasites.
Research in the U.S.A. has found Olive leaf extract may help to treat colds, flu and chronic fatigue syndrome. Olive leaf is currently being tested on patients with shingles and HIV. It is thought to inactivate bacteria by dissolving the outer lining of the microbes and to kill viruses by interfering with their protein production.
The immune system is our greatest health asset
It protects us from an increasing number of new and exotic viruses, antibiotic resistant bacteria, fungi, parasites, and toxic chemicals. The immune system is the protector of the body, and is itself worthy of protection and support, as it faces the challenges of pathological “superbug" invaders. Many people suffer with immune system degradation and inexplicable afflictions, brought on by disease producing micro-organisms. Little wonder that people are turning towards natural and non-toxic ways to strengthen their immune system. An increasing number of micro-organisms have become resistant to the drugs we have relied upon for many years.
It has become vitally important to harness the antibiotic properties of the organic and yet powerful substances that we find in our natural environment.
Olive leaf has been used as a natural antibiotic for thousands of years, but it is only recently that scientific research has shown that its active ingredient oleuropein, has powerful healing properties, and can fight bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites that cause infections and disease. In 1969 the active components in olive leaves, namely elenolic acid and calcium elenolate were isolated and tested by researchers at the Upjohn Company.
Their results were exciting as they found that these active components inhibited the growth of every virus, bacteria, fungus and protozoon that they were tested against.
This monumental discovery now provides society with a highly effective food supplement, which acts as a natural disease preventative measure with broad -spectrum anti-microbial activity.
Olive leaf works to prevent the onset of colds, influenza and a broad range of other viruses, yeast, fungal and mold invasions, bacterial infections, and parasites. If used in a high enough dosage Olive leaf can expel worms from the intestines and is helpful for those with unhealthy micro-organisms in the gut.
These results have been published in many different journals and are taken from the clinical experiences of practicing health professionals utilizing Olive leaf extract for patients with infections and immune dysfunction.
Research into Olive leaf conducted in Hungary has shown such positive results against a broad range of infections that the Hungarian Government has adopted Olive leaf for it's Medicare system as the official anti-infectious disease remedy.
Olive leaf fights the herpes virus
In 1969 the research of Dr. Renis working with the Upjohn company, proved that a compound of oleuropein from the olive leaf could kill all viruses, including the herpes virus, against which it was tested. The virucidal activity of oleuropein was due to its interaction with the protein coat of the virus and not with its genetic material.
In 1992 French biologists working at the Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, Faculte de Pharmacie in Rennes France, found that all of the herpes viruses were inhibited or killed by extracts from Olive Leaf. They supported their findings by citing 28 references to the virucidal qualities of oleuropein in their report.
Olive leaf reduces chronic fatigue syndrome
In the U.S.A. the use of olive leaf extract has become very popular with doctors, naturopaths and the general public where it is being prescribed for the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
CFS is associated with immune dysfunction, which allows infections with a variety of opportunistic microbes from herpesviruses, retroviruses, fungi, and parasites. Many sufferers will have an overgrowth of the yeast Candida albicans along with a chronic active infection with the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV or glandular fever).
By the end of early adulthood almost everyone has detectable levels of EBV anti-bodies in their blood, meaning that they have at some stage, been invaded by this virus. In those with a healthy immune system the virus is kept in a dormant or latent state and does not produce any symptoms. If the host’s immune system becomes weakened or overloaded the EBV begins to reactivate, replicate and cause disease. EBV belongs to the herpes family of viruses, and all herpes viruses tend to reactivate in those with compromised immune systems such as in cancer, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and treatment with chemotherapy.
Dr. W.J. Martin, head of molecular immunopathology at the University of Southern California Medical Centre has found strange retroviruses called “foamy viruses” in a high percentage of patients with CFS. These patients complained of persistent debilitating, flulike symptoms similar to CFS. Other viruses that are being studied as causes of CFS are HTLV-2, enteroviruses such as the polio virus, herpes virus type VI and the cytomegalovirus. These kinds of viruses reside in most people but are kept in a dormant state by our immune systems.
Until the virus fighting properties of olive leaf extract were recently rediscovered and proved, there has been very little specific treatment to overcome virally induced CFS. Now it is possible to fight these viruses and keep them in a dormant harmless state by taking sufficient quantities of olive leaf extract capsules in repeated doses. It is the hydrolyzed components of elenolic acid with its calcium elenolate salt that are bound by nature into the structure of the olive leaf that are able to fight these viruses so effectively.
Tips to strengthen your immune system
- Eat immune boosting foods such as raw fruits and vegetables, raw garlic, raw vegetable juices, chilli, ginger, free range eggs, oily fish (salmon, sardines, tuna) avocados, fresh wheat germ, flaxseed (ground freshly and cold pressed oil), barley grass (juice or sprouted seeds), freshly sprouted seeds and beans, cold pressed seed and vegetable oils, fresh seafood, vegetable soups, legumes (beans, lentils, peas), raw nuts and seeds. Seeds are best eaten freshly ground or sprouted. Eat mushrooms such as field mushrooms and the more exotic varieties such as maitake, shiitake and reishi. Seaweeds such as kelp, dulse, agar-agar, nori, arame, kombu and wakame help to boost the immune system. The cruciferous vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and kohl rabi contain phyto-nutrients that protect against infections and cancer.
- Raw juicing daily with fresh raw fruit and vegetables.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of filtered water daily and take regular exercise.
- Avoid mucous producing foods such as dairy products, preserved meats, margarines and processed foods.
- Ensure adequate intake of the most important supplements for the immune system.
Who can benefit from immune boosting tips?
- Those with chronic and/or recurrent viral infections such as colds, flu, bronchitis, swollen glands, laryngitis, tonsillitis, sore throats, sinusitis, ear infections, glandular fever, genital herpes, cold sores, shingles and wart viruses. Indeed olive leaf extract has been found to kill all viruses it was tested against in laboratory tests and so is worthwhile in those with any chronic viral infection that is not responding to conventional therapies.
- Those wanting to improve endurance, stamina and perform in peak condition during times of stress, travel and increased physical exertion.
- Those with candida, tinea, and other yeast and fungal infections of the intestines, vagina, skin, nails and respiratory tract.
- Those with cystitis and urinary tract infections.
- Those with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), caused by recurrent or chronic bacterial, fungal and viral infections.
- Those with skin problems such as rashes, impetigo, warts, and blemishes. These problems are often caused by fungi such as pityriasis versicolor and candida, or bacteria and viruses.
- Those with unhealthy micro-organisms (flora) such as parasites growing in the intestines. Human parasites include helminth worms, protozoa, bacteria, fungi and viruses. Symptoms of parasitic infections are gas, diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome, bloating, joint pains, allergies, anaemia, chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction.
Recommended supplements for a strong immune system
Take 2 - 4 tablets daily. Magnesium research shows support of normal function of the immune system. These are needed for the immune system to fight viruses and fungi and are anti-inflammatory. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by avoiding smoking and excess alcohol.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.